Last updated 3/8/2021
Sheriff's Office Employment Application (PDF)
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications from qualified men and woman for the position of Custodian/Maintenance. This is a part time position that consists of 4 hours per day, typically Monday - Friday. Starting pay for this position is $12.75 per hour. Anyone interested in applying can download and/or print an application off the Sheriff’s Office website at:
Applications can be printed off and mailed to/dropped off at the Sheriff's Office, or emailed via the form below:
• Be a US Citizen Be at least 18 years of age
• Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
• Have a High School diploma or GED and provide a copy of the diploma or certificate with the application
• Janitorial experience a plus
• Be of good moral character
• Never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving Moral Turpitude or is not currently under indictment for any criminal offense.
• Have no current or previous charges of driving under the influence of alcohol in the last 5 yrs.
• Never have been convicted of any family violence offense
• Be able to pass pre-employment background investigation
• Be able to pass drug screen
• Willingness to work early morning or late night shifts
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Capacity to take direction and working well with others.
• Strong attention to detail
• Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
• If served in the armed forces, demonstrate stability, reliability, and integrity by having an Honorable Discharge
• Be fingerprinted and subjected to a search of local, state, national records and fingerprint files.
• Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building, as directed daily
• Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space, and parking lot.
• Complete non-routine cleaning
• Remove garbage and recycling, sweep and mop floors daily
• Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
• Clean Sheriff’s Office vehicles
• Supervise Inmates that assist in cleaning and disinfecting work areas and vehicles.
• Ensure rooms are maintained and fully equipped
• Complete light electrical, plumbing, etc. maintenance when needed
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.