Standardization Guidelines for Ohio
Per Ohio House Bill 525, documents filed in this office must follow these standardization guidelines.
The Guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point
- Minimum paper size - 8 ½ x 11, Maximum paper size - 8 ½ x 14;
- Black or Blue ink ONLY
- No use of highlighting
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first page, reserved for recorder, auditor and engineer.
- 1 ½ margin on the top of each of the remaining pages.
If a document signed does not conform to these guidelines, an additional recording fee of $20.00 will be collected.
This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority
- Any state or federal document
- Any document executed before the effective date of this law