Carry Concealed Weapon Permit
Applications for a Standard Concealed Carry License are accepted by appointment at the Van Wert County Sheriff's Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call the Sheriff's Office to schedule an appointment to submit your application.
After your application has been submitted, Ohio law allows up to 45 days for processing of an application, although we make every effort to complete the process as quickly as possible.
- Be a resident of Ohio for 45 days and a resident of the County (or adjoining county) in which you apply for at least 30 days.
- Be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Complete the Concealed Carry Application Form. (The application form and Ohio Law CCL handbook is available free of charge at the Sheriff's Office.)
- Criminal and mental competency background checks.
- Have completed a certified 8-hour handgun safety course that complies with Ohio Law regarding Concealed Carry Licensing.
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee ($67 for persons who have resided in Ohio for past 5 years. $77 for persons who have not resided in Ohio for past 5 years.)